CRITICAL REFLECTION:

-Does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

        My final product does use conventions since it is a Fantasy centered genre, specifically High Fantasy. The world and its characters may not fit the typical standard we are faced with today. After all, it is not every day you see multicolored cats talking up a storm! Then again that has never happened! My product would not represent a social group or issues like world hunger or global warming, however, it does represent an unfair dictatorship and turning the tides of war. 

-How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text? 

    My product aims to engage with audiences at a pg-13 age scale and upwards because while animation may attract younger audiences, it also attracts larger audiences of a higher age group as well. I want to attract more people to the Fantasy genre again! As for distribution as a real media text, I would like to distribute it across the Youtube platform for all to see. Millions of people go through the site every day for millions of videos, and just that alone will give me a big reach to the audience I need.

-How did your production skills develop throughout this project? 

    Before this project, I hadn't the slightest idea of how to use Premiere Pro and only understood the basics of animation. However, as I continued onwards and (quite literally) after numerous hours spent animating mere SECONDS, it became apparent to me this was no walk in the park. An input of effort was a top requirement, and I had nothing short of that. I look forwards to using what little left of my subscription for future animations now that I have gotten the gist of it, everything seems much easier now.

-How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware, and online – in this project? 

    The technologies I integrated into this project were originally going to be your basic video editing technologies. However, I was faced with the problem that filming was nearly all but impossible for me thanks to Covid-19 and other circumstances. So to combat this, I did the best I could with the materials I already had. For the animation, I used Krita, a drawing software I downloaded for free months ago, and had continuously used it for similar projects albeit less animation-related. The next important parts were Premiere Pro, a video editing software, and my lovely drawing tablet, a Huion Kamvas 13 Pro! These three technologies, coupled with my old Lenovo Flex 5, did the best they could to finish up the last stretch of this year and this project. I'm really thankful I got to participate and learn more!

Comments

Popular Posts